The quality of the presentations at NoCOUG conferences is truly exceptional. Consider, for example, these exceptional presentations by the eBay/PayPal database engineering team at the last conference.
- Managing a Large OLTP Database (How PayPal copies with the complexities of its Oracle database environment)
- Database Platform Selection Tool (How PayPal decides which database technology is best suited for a particular use case)’
- Sharding Oracle Databases (How to shard your data even if Oracle Database does not have native support for sharding)
But reading a Powerpoint slide deck instead of listening to a presentation is like reading a recipe for chicken curry instead of eating it for lunch. Consider attending the winter conference which is just ten days away on Tuesday, January 27 at the Oracle conference center in Redwood City.
The conference is being held in conjunction with BIWA/Spatial/Graph Summit 2015 so there is a choice of more sessions than at any time in NoCOUG’s 28-year history: five parallel tracks on Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Spatial, and Graph topics as well as sessions created especially for NoCOUG attendees including:
- SQL is the best development language for Big Data by Tom Kyte (the patron saint of SQL)
- YesSQL! A celebration of SQL and PL/SQL by Steven Feuerstein (the patron saint of PL/SQL) with cameo appearance by Andy Mendelsohn
- The Data Revolution by Doug Cutting, the creator of Hadoop
- 10 Tips for social media success by Yann Ropars Journal Editor’s Pick
There will also be a networking reception at the end of the day. Click here to review the agenda and register for the conference.